Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Update............

I took Lily to see her Pediatrician yesterday afternoon. She weighed in at 15lbs and 3 oz. (about the 25th percentile) She was 27 inches long! (90th percentile) We do believe that she is going to be tall. Her head circum was 43.5 but they took 44 from the Neurosurgeon. (about the 90th percentile) So, she is "lanky and lean." LOL We discussed her milestones and any issues that I have noticed. She has been projectile vomiting for about the last month or so. It happens about once a week... usually during her morning feed/nurse. I mentioned this to her Neurosurgeon and he said no way that it is related to the Hydro. Of course her Pediatrician is cautious about that. So, I am going to keep it in a log to see if we can figure out why it it happening. I have thought maybe my milk flow is just to strong for her. So, I tried pumping before her first feed... didn't work. I thought maybe it was a bit of reflux, and gave her her cereal first... nope that didn't work. So, maybe she is just sooooo hungry that she is over eating??? We also talked about the amount of naps and nap time. She can typically only stay awake for about an hour to an hour and a half before needing a nap. She doesn't really get cranky but she will over stimulate and then NOT nap the rest of the day. She said that she'd like to see her stamina be a little longer. At 6 months she should be awake more. She wants me to log this as well. She did go onto say that she is considered "Advanced" for the milestones that she has currently reached. She also asked me if anyone ever said anything about her head size.. like our friends, strangers and etc. I said only the fact that she looks 100% normal. She said that she;d have to agree with that statement. That if she didn't know her dx she would never know by looking at her. She did say that the one side of her head it a tad bit elongated. She kept saying how amazing she is. :D :D She said that we will continue to watch for her milestones as the years pass....

Ken and I are SO thankful for the many..many prayers that have been prayed for our family and for Lily! She is such a miracle.. from her conception right on through... She is proof that God works in our lives everyday!

No comments: