Thursday, April 23, 2009

Early Intervention Evaluation

The case worker brought a Speech therapist and s Occupational therapist out today to assess Lily. The timing of their visit was perfect. She woke about 8:30 am. I dressed her and promptly fed her. We had just finished up when they arrived at 9am. She was well rested, full tummy and ready to play! They interacted with her for about 45 minutes. That was perfect as well b/c she started to tire and was ready for a nap. They were VERY pleased with her and assessed her in all areas being 4 months. Her actual age! She is currently showing NO delays. We are SO pleased!!! They were very impressed with her skills and said that right now she is very visual. They liked her social skills as well. She interacted with them and was a ease with them holding and playing with her. She did like to look at me and to hear me though. They are going to continue to track her each month but as of right now she doesn't need any services! Yeah.. Go LILY! They asked me about her schedule/routine and I was able to give them one. LOL For the last week she has been going to bed between 7 and 8pm. Ken wakes her about 10:30pm to feed her and then she sleeps until 5:30am. I feed her and then she goes right back to sleep until about 8 or 8:30. So, We have that part down... LOL This morning during her morning nap I was watching her in the video monitor. She was awake but playing quietly... she rolled onto her left side to play with the elephant ears on her crib bumper. She should be rolling very soon! Thank you God... Ken and I are so grateful for so many blessings in our lives! I will post later on how the pediatrician visit goes.

No comments: