Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Been awhile.....

Well, we haven't had much to report. Things are going well. Lily is finally getting on a routine. OK, let me rephrase that.. Daddy and I are getting with the program and have created a routine for her. hehehe.. She is 4 months old today! I can't even believe it. She goes to the pediatrician tomorrow for her 4 month check and shots. :( I hate shots. She also has her early intervention evaluation tomorrow morning as well. I am pretty sure that she is on target for her milestones but do not want to take a chance and miss anything. She is chatting it up a lot more and this past Saturday I started her on rice cereal. Ken and I had noticed that she would totally watch us eat. So, one afternoon when Ken had finished eating I had him go and get her spoon and an empty bowl. I put the spoon up to her mouth and she opened it. She then looked at me like I was crazy b/c nothing was on the spoon. LOL So, I decided that we would try a tiny bit of rice cereal after her late afternoon feed. She probably is eating less than a teaspoon. :) Ever since, she has been pretty much sleeping through the night. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I hope the poor thing wasn't starving. I'm going to speak to the pediatrician tomorrow on how we should proceed from here. :) I do not want to over do it or under do it for that matter. :) I will post again tomorrow with all of her new info, weight and etc and will let you all know what the PT/OT evaluation reveals. She is not scheduled to see the Neurosurgeon until the first week of May. Here is a small video of her first bite. :) God is so amazing!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

She is doing so good!! That is awesome!