Wednesday, January 28, 2009

First Real smile this morning!

Ken is off today, so he took Lily's 6:30 am feed and let me stay in bed. Thanks baby! So, I came in to relieve Ken from Duty. ( Trust me, he doesn't feel this way at all!) She seemed more alert than ever this morning. I was talking to her and she smiled.. NOT a gas related smile. Awwwwwwww.... Then she was waving her arms around and she hit my hair and it moved. She noticed that she did this... and mimicked the motion several more times! What an exciting morning. :) We go and see Dr. Dilustro tomorrow afternoon. I think that her head circumference is still about the same. Her fontanel is still very soft and her skull suture feels to be in the same place. I'm praying that her ventricles and cyst are just "a flowing!" God has blessed us so many times already! :D

Here is a image of an infants skull. Just in case some of you are wondering about "fontanels and sutures."




1. Sagittal suture
2. Anterior (frontal) fontanel
3. Coronal suture
4. Frontal bones

"The flat bones of the skull are separated by areas of fibrous connective tissue that provide spaces between the developing bones. These areas (called fontanels, or soft spots) permit the skull to undergo changes of shape during birth and allow for rapid growth of the brain during infancy. Ossification of the fontanels is usually complete by 24 months of age." (All information taken from: http://bioweb.uwlax.edu/aplab/Table_of_Contents/Lab_03/Infant_Skull/infant_skull.html)

Well, I'm off to write my list. I have a TON of things to do today!


*EDIT*.... I just checked my email and enclosed was another devotional that I'd like to share. This is a good reminder to myself!


Yes. Wait. No.

"I call on you, my God, for you will answer me; turn your ear to me and hear my prayer." – Psalm 17:6


Sometimes we pray and immediately see God's hand move in a positive response to our prayers…and we know that he is alive and cares about us.

But then there are times when what we ask for doesn't come, and we don't understand why God isn't giving us what we believe is so critically important. In his wisdom, God knows that we need to grow and that we're not prepared to receive what we're asking for.

Sometimes God answers our prayers by saying no. I can't tell you why he says no. Sometimes it doesn't seem fair…but then, we can't see things from his vantage point so we have to release our own desires. When we do, his peace floods our soul.

When you pray, give God control of your life—it's the most important thing you can do.

* * *
Make three columns on a sheet of paper. Label the sheet, "How God Answered My Prayers." Label each column of your sheet with one of these labels: Yes, Wait, No. Then fill in the columns drawing from your own experience of answered prayer. Can you thank God for ALL of his answers to your prayers?

No comments: