Sunday, April 10, 2011

A...hem! *clears throat*

Where to begin? So much has happened in the last month... Let me begin with, Lillian had a labial adhesion, UTI, and an ear infection. We went through a 20 days worth of antibiotics, over a month of Estrogen cream. We  were also referred to a Urologist. He instructed us to continue the estrogen cream (safely) for the next month and ordered a renal and bladder ultra sound. We returned for a follow up last week; the adhesion has been resolved AND Lillian's Kidneys and Bladder and healthy and in perfect working order! :D We have been dealing with MANY tantrums. These have not been simple throw down on the ground tantrums, they have been very forceful and Ken and I been fearful that she is going to hurt herself. Thankfully we have been working around them while "picking our battles." An example; sitting in her car seat is not negotiable, nap or quiet time not negotiable and bedtime is not negotiable. At bedtime we "used" to read her a couple or several books while she sat on our lap in the rocker. This last month she has decided that she will sit on the floor beside the rocker for the first two books and then, I have to remind her that we are starting the last book and if she wants "rocky-rock" that she needs to sit on my lap. There are been several instances that she has refused and in turn has gone to bed with-out equaling a unhappy Lillian... (Mommy and Daddy too) She is learning the fine art of bedtime procrastination! :)

This past Wednesday we met with Dr. Bill, the gentleman that did Lillian's speech evaluation for the public school system. He did note a few reasons for concern, He said that she still has a lot of  "Echolalia" going on. Echolalia is where toddlers repeat back what is said. He went on to say that she should be starting to come out of it more than she is. He also noted that she is a bit wobbly. He said that he is going to recommend her for the speech therapy program this coming September with the public school system. I will take her once or twice a week for 30 minutes. He went onto say that he does not think that she will be in the program very long. He also asked when she follows up with Early Intervention. Ironically, they are coming out this coming Friday for her annual evaluation. The speech therapist that came out last year (and got her walking on her own) is coming again this time. He asked us to mention his concern of her unsteadiness. I am eager to hear what they have to say.

In the midst of all of this, I have been working part time from home from the corporation that I resigned from the Friday before Lillian was born, I interviewed for a full time in office position. My mom is in the position to be able to come to our home and watch Lillian while I return to work. Part of me is very excited about the thought of returning to work, the income, the income, the income... did I say the income? LOL Seriously, I loved my job, it was difficult for me to walk away. Then there was this part of me that is very sad about the thought of returning to work full time outside the home. It has been an amazing experience being home with Lillian for her "entire" life. We have really learned about our Faith. There have been many months where I have wondered if we were going to be able to make our bills. We are not extravagant people. We do not have credit card debt, NO car payments. My student loans have been paid off. I am SO thankful that we were able to get all of this in line before conceiving Lillian. Otherwise, I have no idea how we would have done it with those extra burdens. Back to the job.... I applied, made it to the 2nd interview and totally put it in Gods hands. I was unsure if now was the right time. So, I got that news last week as well... they selected another internal applicant. I'm totally "ok" with this. While the job was exciting and an additional income would be nice... there are definitely sacrifices. So, I am excited at the thought of being able to be home at least one more Summer with Lillian. Being able to "update" her nursery into a toddler room and most likely moving her into her older sisters room. (Tori will be 18 in June and will be gathering her bedroom furniture and etc) Sooooo..... thats pretty much our month.  

No comments: