Thursday, April 2, 2009

Neurosurgeon Update......


I took Lily for a ultrasound and follow up visit this morning with her Neurosurgeon. They ultrasound looked about the same as the last one 5 weeks ago. Cyst is not there but her ventricles are still very large. He wants to see her back in 4 weeks for another ultrasound and office visit.

This morning I asked him if the cyst could reform now that it was completely gone. He said that he can "never" say that it won't reform. He said that it could develop again when she is 5 years old. He went on to say that the longer she goes with out it the better the chance that it won't reform. UGH.... He measured her head today and it came in at 41.5. He said that it is still larger than "normal" but completely expected b/c of the hydrocephalus.
He said once again that he now wishes that he would not have left the cath in and hates the fact that she will have to have another surgery to remove it. He said overall he is pleased. :)

Cloth diapering is going well and isn't as hard as I thought that it was going to be. :) Lily has been sleeping in her Crib in her room for almost a week now! I "think" that she is almost sleeping through the night! Last night Ken got up with her about midnight and she only ate an ounce or two. She woke up about 3:30 am with hiccups. LOL I know b/c she was yelling about them when I checked on her. LOL I let her know that I was there and tried to make her "comfy" and went back to bed. She did not wake again until 6am! She is still getting breastmilk exclusively. I intend to nurse/pump right up to when she is a year old.

Well, she should be getting up anytime to eat. I am also trying to sort through the clothes that have been given to us. I thought by now she'd be wearing 3-6 months BUT.. she is still comfy in her 0-3 months. :)

1 comment:

Lisa Wilson said...

She looks wonderful! Thank you so much for bringing her into the office the other day :)