Saturday, January 10, 2009

Made it through the first night.......

I am so grateful to have her home that I don't care if she was up every 2.5 to 3 hours to eat. We still haven't worked out this whole breastfeeding thing... She is getting breast milk via bottle. So, that means double the work for me during feeds. LOL Feed her then pump. It was difficult to coordinate it all while she was in the hospital so we only tried a couple of times. I have tried each time she has fed this morning. I think that we are making progress very slowly. Our freezers are about full of milk... we have to get this worked out soon or I'll be buying another deep freezer for breast milk only! LOL...

While she was in the hospital we were told how she despised her sponge baths. Last night Ken and I gave her one. (her umbilical cord was still attached; it fell off this morning) She was so sweet! She was looking at us and all around. She did not cry one single time.

Here is a photo that I took of her this morning before getting her dressed. :)


Ok.. So the other day Tori found a heart shaped chip! Think I could get anything for it on e-bay??? Valentines day is right around the corner! LOL



I just have to post this photo.. It is only a cell phone pic but it's adorable! :D Lily has already started to pray! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For handling breastfeeding with our babies with less than easy to deal with heads, I highly recommend the My Brest Friend Pillow. I used it for my *normal* daughter and it was great because it supported her head so well that we could relax during feedings. I ended up needing to pump for Owen for 16 months because the hospital never really let us try feeding at the breast without a lot of hassle, but the few times that we did do it successfully, it was definitely because I had that pillow. It is much firmer than a Boppy or pillows and has a nice big surface so they can't roll off.

Congrats on coming home!!!