Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thursday December 18th update:

We went to EVMS today. They did another ultrasound and it appears that her ventricles measured 34(each) two weeks ago and today they measured around 37. The Dr. also said that the area that they believe is the cyst has increased some as well. Her head measurements are off the charts but they think they are around 41 or 42 weeks and two weeks ago they were 39-40. Her abdomen is measuring in the 98th percentile, arms and legs in the 50th percentile. Her heart and etc. all look great still and they could see her breathing. She weighs about 8lb 11oz. The Dr. that we saw today was aggressive about getting the C-Section date scheduled. With the Holidays coming she doesn't want to leave anything to chance. She likes for situations like this to be scheduled early in the week instead the end to ensure there is a full staff available. It was decided that they are doing the C-Section on Monday 12/22/2008. Ironically, 12/22 is also the date of my Dad's death... Five (5) years. I am not "weirded" out by this in the least. Everything is with purpose. My daughter Victoria was born on her great-grandmothers birthday. Typically, we celebrate my dad's life on the 22nd. Now we will have something else to celebrate.

I have to admit, I'm very scared. I want so badly that everything goes well with her birth and that the surgeons are able to help her quickly. The dr. that we saw today would not even begin to speculate on what to expect from her when she arrives. All she could say is that I have one of the best surgeons doing my surgery and one of the best for Lily.

I think that we will be adjusting her name. I had stated many months ago before knowing anything about her condition that if she was born on December 9th (my dad's birthday) or December 22nd (the date of his death) that I would either name her Danielle or add Danielle into her name. We have gotten so used to calling her Lily that I think that we are going to go with Lillian Grace Danielle. I will know for sure once I see her sweet little chubby face.

Tomorrow is going to be a emotional day. I am going to be packing up all of my things at work and don't know if or when I will be able to return. I know God has a plan, right now it is just so hard to trust.

Please continue to pray for our family and Lily.


No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. (Joshua 1:5)

No comments: