Monday, December 1, 2008

Quick Update...........

Well.... I thought we might have had an early "Lily-Bug" today. Thankfully, I was only having contractions and NO dilation. Ken picked me up at work this afternoon and we headed over the SNGH and checked into labor and delivery. They hooked me up to a fetal monitor to check Lily's heartbeat and a contraction monitor. They confirmed that I was having contractions about 2 minutes apart but they were fairly mild. They administered two bags of fluids and then finally gave me a shot of Terbutaline. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terbutaline This finally helped calm the contractions down enough to allow me to be discharged at close to 10:30 pm. While there the genetic counselor came over from EVMS, (She has been wonderful!) She wanted to check on us and let us know that she called to see if anymore of the amnio results had returned and...... the virus scan has come back negative too! This is great news... they are going to continue to let the cultures grow for a few more days to be sure but she said typically it is seen by now. Now we just have to wait for the full chromosomal screen to return. She said that is where they look at all the chromosomes in detail, looking for anything that could be "rare." So far we have had great news with the amnio results. This is good..

We follow up with my doctor on Thursday with another ultrasound to see how Lily's ventricles are now. I am praying that there hasn't been much change.... unless they are shrinking and the brain tissue is revealed. Hopefully, we will know more about "the plan" then.

I'm exhausted... I am headed to bed. Thank you once again for all the continued prayers.... Our family can not thank you all enough!

God Bless!

No comments: