Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Part two....

Met with the pediatric Neurologist this afternoon. It went pretty much like I thought it would. No definite answers.. alot of "could be's." He gave us a few different scenarios but does see a cyst and stated that could be causing the obstruction. He said that it was a positive sign that last week her ventricles showed no growth and that could mean that the pressure in her head is balanced out and some of the fluid is getting through. He also said that right now her head is measuring that of a newborn baby. (or 40 week/term) So, her head is enlarged but not "grossly." Keep in mind, I am already measuring like I am 38-39 weeks.. and I know that is not just from her head. I asked about her weight and he said that some of the fluid could be adding onto her weight but it shouldn't be much.

We have another ultrasound scheduled for next Thursday and he said that he hopes to see no growth in the ventricles then as well. (I know that this WILL be one of my prayers!) There is no way of telling how deep the cyst goes but it is a good sign that she responds to external stimuli (music, her daddy's voice) He wants us to meet with a Neuro-Surgeon on Monday. This is mostly for an introduction so that we know who they are when they take her away after she is born. I don't think that we will have any additional answers from them..

I think that he'd like for her to be delivered in about two weeks (via C-Section.. he wants NO additional pressure on her head or possible complications) as long as nothing comes up before hand. I guess we will know more next week.. if she doesn't try and come before then. I have been contracting all day again today.

Please continue to pray....

Mark 16:17-18 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name . . . they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

No comments: