Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday sweet Little Lily!




As I look at the time, right about now the Doctors are just beginning my C-section. (of course one year ago!) How nervous we were to meet Lillian. I remember praying that I would hear her cry, and that it would be a good strong cry. I prayed that she would have good apgar scores. I prayed that she would not be too ill from the fluid in her head. I prayed that she would be cognitive.

God has answered everyone of our prayers and MORE! Lillian has enriched our lives in more ways than I am able to express into words. About 6 months ago, I looked back over the prayer journal that I had kept and still mean too. Every one of my prayers have been answered. The prayers that I prayed were before we learned of Lily's diagnosis. They were prayers about my job, about Ken and other items. When I read those prayers, I knew that God had answered them with our Little Lillian and her diagnosis. I am forever grateful that I am capable of being able to acknowledge this. One day, Lily will be reading this "journal" in book format and I have this to say... My sweetest Lily, how we adore you. How you have blessed our lives. How thankful to God we are that you are exactly the way you are! You are fearfully and wonderfully made! We love you!

Happy 1st Birthday Lillian!!!



Ephesians 2:10; "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God has prepared beforehand that we should walk in them"

5 comments:

Sherri said...

Happy Birthday, Lily!!!
Looks like it was the perfect birthday :) God is good!

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday to sweet little Lily.

What beautiful thoughts and love you lavished on her through your letter.

Praise God for Lily!

Lisa Christine said...

What a beautiful party for a beautiful girl! What a day to celebrate!

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday Gorgeous Girl!

Alice Kubac said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful girl!