Sunday, March 1, 2009

The value of time

I found this sitting in my email this morning..... How many times has it taken me twice as long to do something than it should? (Not counting as of late b/c of Lily) I'm posting this on both blogs.. by the way, I have it up. I'm still tweaking it a bit. So expect changes. I have some coupon links to post there as well. Special offers in email and etc. Watch for that. Now back to my point!

The value of time

March 01, 2009

John C. Maxwell


"The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all." – Ecclesiastes 9:11

Time is valuable. Psychiatrist and author M. Scott Peck said, "Until you value yourself, you won't value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it."

In What to Do Between Birth and Death, Charles Spezzano says that people don't pay for things with money; they pay for them with time. If you say to yourself, In five years, I'll have put enough away to buy that vacation house, then what you are really saying is that the house will cost you five years—one-twelfth of your adult life. "The phrase spending your time is not a metaphor," said Spezzano. "It's how life works."

Instead of thinking about what you do and what you buy in terms of money, think about them in terms of time. Think about it. What is worth spending your life on? Seeing your work in that light just may change the way you manage your time.


* * *

Answer this question: Are the tasks on today's agenda worthy of my life?

Share your thoughts...

* * *

This excerpt was taken from the
"The Maxwell Daily Reader"

No comments: